Kata Hay (The Voice Season 10) & Dan O'Rourke roll into The Station this Saturday! Come join us for a fun night of great music and BBQ! Learn more about Kata and Dan under "Artists Details" below!
Cover: $15.00 (cash at the door)
Door & BBQ Time: 7:00 pm EDT
Showtime: 8:00 pm EDT
How to attend:
1. To assure seating please email an RSVP request to BillyHubbardMusic@gmail.com
2. Or text/call your RSVP request to 865-250-8272. I'll reply soon as possible to confirm seating is available.
- See FAQs and artist info below.
Food & Drink:
Slow smoked pork BBQ will be available 1 hr before the show when the doors open at 7pm EST. We don't sell the BBQ, but only suggest you tip the smoke master if you choose to eat with us. The average tip is $5 or more a plate since he spends about 8 hrs keeping the fire and smoke going. We don't provide drinks so feel free to BYOB or drink of choice. Personal coolers that fit under your seat are fine. Of course please drink responsibly or have a designated driver.
The Station's Address:
4206 Miser Station Road, Louisville TN 37777
Artist Details: Kata Hay
Long before million's fell in love with Kata Hay on season 10 of NBC's The Voice, she already had a lifetime of achievements. At the age of 5 Kata became the youngest person to EVER win Ed McMahon's Star Search!
Kata also took home the AWA's Rising Star Award, became a hall of fame inductee of the Oklahoma Opry, won 5 International Yodeling Championships, and was honored with being the ONLY recipient of the Grant Leftwich Legacy Award just to name a few! During her teenage year's Kata traveled the US, and toured Australia twice playing a combination of her original songs, and Western Swing classics. Her cd "Cowboys, Guitars, and a Lil' Bit Of Swing" made it in the top 5 on the Western Music Charts, and her cover of "Cattle Call" held the #1 spot for 3 weeks, Kata's also opened for legends such as Merle Haggard, Wanda Jackson, and others, and played for over a million people in 2008 alone.
Kata was one of the first artists to play at The Station, and now she's even more famous from NBC's The Voice, so we're excited to have her back Saturday along with a great Nashville based storyteller singer/songwriter Dan O'Rourke!
Artist Details: Dan O’Rourke
Dan O’Rourke, a Nashville-based Folk artist, produces a timeless style of music highlighted on his premier album Traveling Soul. With thought-provoking yet emotionally driven lyrics, O’Rourke’s rich, textured, and soulful tone showcases his talent as a contemporary classic.
With a nomadic lifestyle, O’Rourke has been a seasoned traveler within the United States, with stints in Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles and Tucson. Never spending much more than a few months in one place, much of his inspiration is drawn from those experiences on the road with a keen perspective on what it’s like to be on the move. His outlook is refreshing at times as he states, “Life isn’t meant to be spent in one place.” He reaffirms, “There’s so much out there to see and our time here is quite limited. I don’t want to waste a second of it.”
Storytelling lies at the epicenter of O'Rourke's music. Capturing a powerful essence with his strong vocal presence, Dan's sound is reminiscent of the past-both in terms of song topic and style. A blend of Southern Rock, Folk, and Americana, his down-to-earth style so obviously reflects his passion for exploring what life has to offer, both the good and the bad.
The honesty in his lyrics is apparent within the conversational tone used in the songs‒as if the lyrics poured out on to the page because they simply needed to be said. O’Rourke states, “Music has the ability to transcend boundaries. It is the ideal vessel to not only evoke emotion in an audience, but to inspire realization that otherwise wouldn’t have come about if the words had not been sung.”
You can learn more about Dan and Kata at their links below.
- Is it ok to BYOB or bring in small cooler? Yes feel free to BYOB or drink of choice, and bringing in a small cooler is fine. No charge to uncork your bottle since it's actually self service.
- Is it assigned seating? No it's festival seating but every seat is a great seat!
- Should we bring our own chairs? No, we have plenty of seating.
- Can we bring chips, snacks, or side dishes to share? Yea sure it's fine, and appreciated, but not required.
- What's the address? 4206 Miser Station Road, Louisville TN 37777.
- Do you have a restroom? Yes we have an indoor restroom.
- Do you accept credit cards? No we're cash only at this time. We recommend you bring extra cash to buy artists CD's and merch.
- Can we bring the kids? Keep in mind some folks bring adult beverages, but The Station's certainly not a bar environment. but rather a listening room. We must respect folks paying to listen to the music, so we prefer kids be 12 yrs or older to attend our shows. That said we're reasonable folks so contact us if you need to request an under 12 exception.
Email BillyHubbardMusic@gmail.com or text/call 865-250-8272 with any questions. For more info follow us on Facebook at http://www.miserstation.com/
#thevoice #singersongwriter #americanamusic