The Tennessee Action Coalition was created in early 2012 through a collaboration of AARP-Tennessee and the University of Tennessee-Knoxville College of Nursing. The two partners were selected by the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action coordinated through the Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA) to advance the Future of Nursing recommendations regarding nursing education, leadership, and practice. CCNA is an initiative of AARP, the AARP Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The state of Tennessee faces many challenges and needs related to health and health care. We have an aging and more diverse population, more people with chronic conditions, and soaring costs. More Tennesseans will soon gain health care coverage but we have a shortage of primary care providers, especially in certain areas of the state. Nurses can help to address these challenges. However we must better prepare nurses and deploy them effectively to meet the health care demands of today and tomorrow. The Tennessee Action Coalition aims to be the driving force for the transformation of health care through nursing in our state.
We welcome you and your comments to the Tennessee Action Coalition’s Facebook page.
The purpose of this site is to present matters of nursing interest in Tennessee. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
We recognize the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. We generally monitor comments and postings during regular business hours.
Once posted, the Tennessee Action Coalition reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
1. Vulgar language
2. Personal attacks of any kind
3. Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
4. Spam or links to other sites
5. Clearly off topic
6. Advocate illegal activity
7. Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
8. Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
9. Personally identifiable medical information
10. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions of the Tennessee Action Coalition or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the TAC at email@example.com.
Tennessee has specific health care challenges & needs. We work with diverse stakeholders to create & model innovative solutions with nurses leading the way
The mission of the Tennessee Action Coalition is to ensure that all Tennesseans have access to high-quality, patient-centered health care, with nurses contributing to the full extent of their capabilities.