Owned by Bo Carey of Greer's Home Furnishings, the barber shop located at 401 1/2 Mulberry Street has provided hair cutting services to the city of Loudon and surrounding areas since 1953.
The barber shop was first operated by Sanford Pope from 1953 to 1954 under the name of Pope's Barber Shop. Gene Dills took over operations of the shop in 1954 and changed the name to City Barber Shop. Mr. Dills managed the shop until his passing in 1978. Beginning in 1978 the shop was operated as Ted's Barber Shop and was under the direction of Ted Watts until his retirement in 1994. Having worked with Ted from August 1992 until August 1994, Rex Mingie took over management and changed the name of the shop to Mulberry Street Barber Shop and has operated the business since.
Brothers Rex and Nik Mingie are the two full-time barbers in charge of the shop now.
Services are limited to haircuts and beard trims. No chemical procedures or extensive designs are offered at this shop. It is a no-frills, haircut-and-beard-trim-only establishment.
Mulberry Street Barber Shop is a no-frills hair cutting establishment. Services are limited to haircuts and beard trims.
Haircut - $10.00
Beardtrim - $5.00
The barber shop may close early occasionally. In the event that it does, notice will be posted on the door and on the phone answering machine.