Dr. Sophronia (Frony) Ward is a Managing Partner of Pinnacle Partners, Inc. She is a statistician and Continual Improvement Expert who specializes in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control training, consulting, and coaching. Currently, her expertise is being utilized by many companies as their expert “Senior Master Black Belt”. Black Belt, Green Belt, and Master Black Belt Training and Certification are her specialized areas of focus.
Dr. Ward has a vast experience in leadership development and facilitation, as well as team training and facilitation. Her work in these fields has been with client companies as well as with Unitarian Universalist Churches. She was Dean of the UU Leadership School at the Mountain Retreat and Learning Center in Highlands, NC and provides leadership workshops in the Knoxville area.
She is one of four founders of the internationally recognized Institute for Productivity through Quality at the University of Tennessee. In 1984, she joined a major consulting firm as a Senior Consultant and Director of Consulting Services. She was instrumental in the design of a highly successful three-week seminar in the USA, Mexico, and Venezuela. She also helped develop a successful Design of Experiments seminar.
1. Keep your eyes open and observe everything.
2. Ask questions, particularly the ones that deal with something unusual.
3. Talk to everyone about the tasks and how they are done.
4. Watch the interactions between people.
5. Listen to the conversations people have.
6. Show your own interest.
7. Offer compliments where appropriate (For example, I had some experience with building stereo kits in the 1960s. I was the chief assistant who read the instructions, cut and trimmed wires and at times soldered the wires to the appropriate location. I was good at cutting the wire to length and trimming each end to 0.25 in, but I never mastered the skill of soldering. I always complimented people who did a skill well.)
8. Always remember that the expert is the one doing the work.
Dr. Ward bases her approach on the philosophy, insights, and methodologies created by Walter A. Shewhart and W. Edwards Deming. She has over 30 years experience applying statistical methods to management, production, service, and research areas working with every level of personnel. Since 1981, she has consulted with numerous automotive, government, glass, chemical, paint, healthcare, telecommunications, and food companies in the implementation of quality management and tools for continual improvement. In particular, she has been a lead consultant and/or trainer with Harley Davidson, IBM Corporation, McAlester Army Ammunition Depot, Northrup-Grumann, PPG, NASA, Corning Glass, Dow Chemical, Scripps Health, Ford Glass, Social Security Administration, Pall Corporation, Alpha Industries, Chinet Company, Novant Healthcare, Metzeler Automotive Profile Systems, Lagoven, Blitz Corporation, Copeland Corporation, IMSS in Mexico, Gallo Glass, Disputada, Labinal, Gallo Winery, Anchor Glass Container Corporation, IRS, Gold’n Plump, Republic Paper, MacSteel, BellSouth, etc. In addition to her classes in the United States, she has taught classes and provided consulting services in Venezuela, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Thailand, France, Australia, and South Africa.
Visit www.pinnaclepartnersinc.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or get in touch with Frony!